Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Quentin and Stanley

Quentin and Stanley went to eat together...Quentin asked Stanley, " Are you trying to be the best student at our philosophy class, cause you always make the best grade on this class."

Stanley said, "no...because I prefer nothingness, as Laozi said 無為(Wu Wei)-Nothingness or none action. That is the way I prefer to live, I don't care about how good I could be, I'm just doing what I love to do and work on it with my passion without expecting any achievements. No achievement then no suffering, the more desires cause more suffering, if I don't compete myself with others that I won't get stress in this competitive world. I just want to enjoy my life and enjoy whatever I am doing for rest of life, enjoy the harmony which is inside of me. All I need to do is improve my self from my inner side...as Taoism teaching the eternal alchemy, something comes out from my inner side will show the truth about myself and my work, it is something deals with my inner self. So I am just constantly keep doing what I am doing everyday no matter what I gain or what I lose...because I am not going to achieve anything."

Quentin was very confuse and he said, "If you are not going to achieve anything can you stop to be the best student that I can get more chance to get attention by our professor?"


No comments:

Post a Comment